Friday, October 7, 2011

Stop acting like a child! (or not...)

I mentioned "transactional analysis" as an interaction model in my previous post...here's a good place to start...

It's Friday...I'm not feeling particularly verbose today, so I thought I'd have someone else do the talking.  Here is a series of short videos that I think does an excellent job of describing the fundamentals of transactional analysis theory.  They are fairly entertaining and have gotten a lot of mileage with my staff (I suggest you watch them in order - they build on the previous information):


#1: http://youtu.be/nKNyFSLJy6o - Ego States & Basic Transactions



One of the great strengths of this model is that it shifts the judgement aspect away from the individual and focuses it on the interaction between the parties.  It acknowledges that none of us are "one way" all the time and allows for a variety of dynamics based on the attitude the situation or other party triggers.  I've found it to be a helpful vocabulary and awareness about myself and a different paradigm to understand others' behavior and reactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment